New to working with us?
- Received an email invite to join our Slack group, and joined it, including any channel(s) related to the project you’re working on. Please ensure your Slack profile contains your real first and last name and a recent photo of you—since not everyone knows everyone else, this will help us put faces to names.
- Joined the eecs-edu Google group [though it’s slowly being deprecated in favor of Slack]
- If you are not a current UC Berkeley student/affiliate, and you are not on an “international visitor” program: fill out the forms in this zipfile as follows and send physical or scanned (better) copies to Roxana Infante at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a $25 person check to “UC Regents” for the Cal 1 card fee:
- Non-employee data form: leave “employee ID” blank
- Cal 1 Card form: just fill in name and date
- Patent Acknowledgment: read but don’t sign; you must sign while on campus in the presence of a campus staff person
- Workers Comp form: only fill out bottom part (“to be completed by volunteer”). For “Is volunteer work related to course work”, please indicate no.
- Waiver of liability. If you’re under 18 as of the start of work, your parent or guardian must also sign & date.
- If you’re under 18 as of start of work, you must obtain a work permit (usually from your high school) and include a copy of it.
- Visit the Cal 1 card office to get your ID/cardkey (Prof. Fox will give you the signed authorization form you must present)
- Turn in the Patent Acknowledgment to your advisor
- Verify that you can connect successfully to the CalVisitor Wifi network. (Wired connections won’t work for various reasons.)
CITI Training: We do human-subjects experiments to evaluate our work. All students involved in handling data from such experiments must complete basic CITI training. Go through the registration and login process, and then take the course “Group 2 Social Behavioral Human Research”. When you complete it, keep the email that contains the proof that you passed.