Graduate Programs with Teaching/Education EmphasisEECS PhD students can pursue teaching as their outside minor. CS 5th year MS students who focus on education can fund their program through GSI appointments (unlike most other 5th year MS students) and pursue a project related to education technology with us. Popular projects focus on some combination of developing and deploying courseware in EECS and non-EECS courses, and doing quantitative experiments to determine the effects of the courseware.
Part-time, summer, full-time opportunities to teach CS
- The Bay Area Chapter of the Computer Science Teachers Association has an associated Google Groups mailing list email@example.com where K-12 CS teaching announcements are posted.
- Join the digital pedagogy (internal) list for announcements relating to digital pedagogy workshops, events, etc.
- The (internal) CS Education Topics mailing list is also used for announcements about CS teaching.
- There is a Piazza group for postsecondary CS teaching positions [link TBD]
- Digital Pedagogy Fellow certificate, from the Center for Teaching and Learning: Certifies that the earner has received and put into practice basic pedagogy around planning and organizing a course with a strong online component, such as designing the “W” version of a campus course or designing a MOOC or online/self-paced module.
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, from the GSI Resource Center.
- (Coming soon) SESAME Certificate in STEM Education and Research